Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sarah Palin on Oprah - Pt II

I thought the interview went well. Granted, while I do like Sarah Palin and I have no significant affection for Oprah,I thought Oprah was pushing her agenda and was generally snarky in tone with S.P, who I thought took questions in stride and did well in answering them.

It didn't feel like particularly new information was shared but I just appreciated seeing her at her home, with Trig, and seeing more of who she is as a person. I was on Twitter a bunch during and after the interview and I did liked someone's comment that asked if Oprah was intimidated by Sarah Palin. Could be! Oprah doesn't hold any power of Sarah, and they both know it. Oprah's bad opinion of Sarah Palin (which is already fairly obvious, especially on a political level) hasn't hurt her yet, and the continued attitude doesn't make conservatives like her (S.P.) less.

Sarah Palin kept things civil, even in talking about how annoying Katie Couric was and ended the interview in a complimentry way to Oprah, which I thought was sweet.

Here's my deal with Sarah Palin right now. As a person (as much as people CAN know 'as a person' people in politics) I like her. I think she's smart. I'm excited to see what's next for her. I still don't like and don't know all the facts about her dropping out of being Alaska's governor. I wish she'd finished that out.

Are people out to get her? Sure. A) She's a woman and B) she's conservative. And like being a black conservative, as a female conservative you'll be called any number of things from a traitor to a b****...

Newsweek's cover of S.P. was more of the same. Sexism and bias.
Not to mention it's a picture Newsweek basically stole from a running magazine (photographer illegally allowed a second magazine to use this picture while under contract with another).
And finally, MSNBC used a FAKE picture of Sarah Palin in a stars and stripes bikini holding a semi-automatic rifle. Gimme a BREAK!

Good luck getting to a day where this kind of sexism (on both sides) is not allowed when half the country's women are buying into this and spewing their own hatred for Sarah Palin. Why? Because she has too many kids? Because she didn't abort the child with down syndrome? Because she hates other women? (That's code for being anti-abortion).

No comments:

Post a Comment